|I skipped the corn flour sebab takde kat dapur.|
1/2 pound of large shrimp/prawns – leave half shell on
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 shallot – sliced thinly
4 garlics - sliced thinly
3 bird eyes chilies – cut small (or cili kering)
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
Ingredients for egg floss:
3 egg yolk
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Clean and pat dry the prawns in paper towel. Season them with a bit of salt and pepper. Lightly coat them with some cornstarch.
2. Heat up the wok with a bit of vegetable oil. Pan fried the prawns until lightly brown on both side. Remove and drain the oil on paper towel.
3. To make the egg floss, heat up the butter and vegetable oil. Carefully drizzle in the beaten egg yolks into the hot oil in a thin stream. When the eggs hit the oil, stir it around so they don’t clump up together.
(stir it fast bebeh) Continue to stir until the egg floss is golden brown. Remove the floss and drain them on paper towel
4. Remove any access oil from the wok and wipe it clean, add in the tablespoon of butter. Toss in the shallots, curry leaves and chilies. Stir until fragrant. Add in the milk and continue to stir until the milk bubble and reduce.
5. Add in the prawns and give it a good stir to coat the sauce. Add in the egg floss, sprinkle in sugar, salt and pepper. Toss it really well. Dish out and serve immediately.
Tiara's tips for egg floss:
Before curah egg yolk dalam kuali make sure minyak panas betul2. Pastu letak butter dlm minyak tu and then the moment u nak letak beaten egg yolk, kena curah tinggi2 and AT THE SAME TIME kena kacau kuali dengan senduk. Senduk tu yang macam mangkuk tahu? bukan yang leper buat nasi goreng tu. Kacau laju2 in circular motion. Bila dia macam berbuih kira jadi la kut. Bace doa sikit haha. Both hands play important role simultaneously i tell u. Ha paham ke? Tak paham kita buat scramble egg jela ye.